Michael Trower Property Management 01273 587000
Michael Trower Property Management 01273 587000


Why Rent With Michael Trower Property Management

Michael Trower Property Management have the largest selection of properties available, ranging from studio flats to luxury family homes. By registering your details we can match properties to your individual requirements. Hopefully, you will find your property straightaway, but if not, you can be alerted by text or email every time a new property becomes available. This gives you priority to view the property before it is publicly marketed.

Michael Trower Property Management are members of ARLA the Association of Residential Letting Agents, NAEA, the National Association for Estate Agents, who are bound by strict codes of conduct ensuring honesty and integrity. All clients’ money is fully insured and deposits are registered within the Tenancy Deposit Scheme

Property Search

More options
Register for property updates

Subscribe to receive all our latest properties to your inbox.


By registering for promotions we will keep a copy of your email on record to send you relevant promotional deals and offers. ​All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time. ​See our privacy policy for more details.


Our friendly staff will help you to choose a selection of properties to view. You can select your properties online at home or at our offices where you can browse our property. To view any of our properties just contact the office.


Making a Offer

We recommend you make your offer without delay as rental properties let very quickly. We will negotiate between you and the Landlord to agree; the length of the tenancy, the rent, the start date and any special conditions. Any acceptance of offer is always subject to contract, receiving satisfactory references and receipt of cleared funds for the advanced rent and deposit. We will ask you for a holding deposit of £200 which will reserve the property for you while we confirm the tenancy with the landlord and obtain your references. Please note that you must be over eighteen to rent a property.


Except for small caged pets, such as hamsters or goldfish, tenants will require the landlord’s permission to keep a pet in the property,. Our staff will advise you which properties allow pets. Landlords may require a larger deposit to be held.


We operate a no smoking policy in all of our properties. You may want to consider a property which has an outside space such as a balcony, if you do smoke.


Housing Benefit Applications

We have a limited selection of properties available for housing benefit applicants. Applicants will need to provide a guarantor to support the tenancy. The guarantor would be required to be referenced to prove they had the financial ability to pay the rent and other obligations should it become necessary,
Housing benefit has now been replaced with Local Housing Allowance. The allowance is a set amount paid depending on the area where the property is located and your individual circumstances, such as number of bedrooms required. Applicants should check with their Local Council how much they would be entitled to before registering their details. More information and a calculator for working out the allowance can be found at the LHA website: lha-direct.therentservice.gov.uk.



All applicants over the age of eighteen are required to pass our referencing procedure before the tenancy can be agreed. The references required will depend on individual circumstances but normally will include:

· Credit Check
· Employment/Accountant reference/Pension proof
· Landlord reference
It may be necessary for you to provide a guarantor to support your tenancy if your financial status does not meet the referencing criteria; e.g. you have not been in employment for more than six months. The guarantor would be required to sign a contract guaranteeing that they would pay the rent and other obligations if the tenant defaulted. The guarantor would be referenced to prove they have the financial standing to support the tenancy. Guarantors are usually family members.
If you are aware of any adverse credit problems or are unable to provide a guarantor please speak to us in confidence as we may be able to proceed with the landlords agreement by holding a larger deposit.
We will give you the referencing application forms when you make an offer. If you would prefer to complete them beforehand, then please call our office.


Initial Monies

Before we can release the keys you will be required to pay the following in cleared funds on or before you check in:

· The first month’s rent payment in advance
· Tenancy deposit (normally equivalent to one month’s rent)
· Administration fee
· Referencing fee – per person over 18.

Tenancy Deposits

The tenancy deposit is normally equivalent to one month’s rent and is held by ourselves for the duration of the tenancy. When you move out we will arrange a final inspection to ensure that the property has been left in a good condition. Provided that everything is satisfactory and that the keys have been returned and the rent due is up-to-date, we will refund the deposit to you within 14 days
The deposit will be protected under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and a certificate of registration will be issued within 14 days of receipt of the deposit. Further information regarding the scheme can be found at: www.thedisputeservice.co.uk

Tenancy agreement

All tenants over eighteen must be named in the Tenancy Agreement. The Tenancy Agreement is a legal binding contract and all tenants are jointly and severally liable for paying the rent and utility bills. The initial tenancy is normally a fixed term Assured Shorthold Tenancy for either six or twelve months.

Extending you tenancy

You can extend the tenancy after the fixed term subject to agreement with the landlord. We will contact you approximately 3 months before the end of the tenancy to discuss whether or not you wish to extend. The tenancy can either be extended for a further fixed term or, with the landlord’s agreement, continue on a month to month basis.


Ending your tenancy

With fixed term tenancies you will be liable for the rent until the end of the fixed term. If you wish to vacate at the end of the fixed term then you will be required to inform us one month before the end of the tenancy. If the landlord does not wish to extend or continue with the tenancy after the fixed term then he is required to give you a minimum of two months written notice before the end date of the tenancy.



The landlord insures the building but the tenants must insure their belongings.


Tenants are responsible for paying the council tax, water rates, sewerage rates, electric, gas, telephone and television licence. We will inform the council tax, water, sewerage, gas and electric suppliers on your behalf and provide up to date meter readings. You will need to inform the telephone company and television licence company directly yourself. The Landlord pays the buildings insurance but please be aware that your personal belongings are not covered.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

EPC’s will be available from 1st October 2008 for all rental property. The EPC measures both the energy efficiency of the property and the impact that it has on the environment. It will also show approximate running costs for heating, hot water and lighting. Copies will be available on request.Find out more about Energy Performance Certificates at direct.gov.uk.

view our latest properties

Featured Properties

Sort Option
  • Listing ID
  • Price
  • Pictures
  • Featured
  • Post Code
  • Year Built

Lovely 1 Bedroom Top Floor Flat

Sutton Park Road, East Sussex BN25 2PF

1 Bedroom flat close to all amenities. Kitchen, bathroom, lounge.
£695 Per Month

Excellent bedroom 2nd floor flat

Steyning Avenue, East Sussex BN10 8HN

Excellent bedroom 2nd floor flat with secure entry, 2 bedrooms, lounge with balcony, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom, gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazing. Close to all main bus routes and shops. Available July.
£1,025 Per Month

2 bedroom flat to rent 11a Bramber Avenue, Peacehaven BN10

11a Bramber Avenue, East Sussex BN10

Modern top floor 2 bedroom flat situated in convenient location, close to bus routes to Brighton and Eastbourne. Comprising of 2 bedrooms, kitchen, lounge, modern bathroom, gas fired central heating and UPVC double glazing.
£995 Per Month

Studio to rent Chichester Close, Wicklands Avenue

Chichester Close, East Sussex BN2

£700 Per Month

2 bedroom flat for sale Saltdean BN2

East Sussex BN2

Rarely available first floor, 2 bedroom flat with superb views from all rooms. The property benefits from good sized accommodation, double glazing, lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Warden controlled, communal lounge, lift and laundry facilities. Close to local shops, bus routes and doctor's surgery. Over 55's only.

3 bed detached house for sale Lenham Road East, Saltdean, Brighton BN

Lenham Road East, East Sussex BN2

A superb and rarely available detached chalet property of excellent proportions, available for the first time in 35 years and situated on A large plot with A southerly rear garden. Whilst the property requires refurbishment, it offers superb potential to extend subject to the necessary planning consents.
14 Results returned.Per Page

Buying A Property

with our expert knowledge and understanding of the area , buying a property through Michael Trower Property Management couldnt be easier , we are on hand to assist and aid your purchase from the first steps all the way through to completion

Selling Your Property

With expert local knowledge and the cheapest commission rates ion the area Michael Trower Property Management can help sell your property effortlessly and we are always here to assist your sale

Renting Your Property

Rent your property through Michael trower Property Management , making use of our expert knowledge , we can offer a rangfe of landlord services from simple rent collection to full property management

lets work things out


Stamp Duty calculator

Mortgage Calculator

online mortgage calculator
Making sure your protected every step of the way

Professional Memberships


Association of Residential Lettings Agents

Becoming a landlord is an increasingly complicated process. There are special mortgage requirements, legal standards to meet and certain steps you must take to make sure your tenant and property are both protected.

More Information


ARLA stands for the Association of Residential Lettings Agents and they require all members to meet a certain number of criteria.

More Information


National association of estate agents

Estate Agents join NAEA, the National Association of Estate Agents, voluntarily to demonstrate transparency and ensure they are at the forefront of developments in the industry and to provide the very best moving experience to their consumers

More Information


By using an NAEA estate agent consumers are guaranteed to be consulting with a professional agent who can give them up-to-date advice and guidance.

More Information

The Property Ombudsman

the Property Ombudsman

Free, impartial and independent service, resolving disputes between Consumers and Property Agents since 1990.

The Ombudsman provides redress, where appropriate, to consumers whose complaints are considered on a case by case basis. 

More Information

The Property Ombudsman

Free, impartial and independent service, resolving disputes between Consumers and Property Agents since 1990.
The Ombudsman is not a regulator and does not have the authority to take regulatory or legal action against an agent, impose fines or dictate the way agents conduct their business.

More Information


What people say about us
  • Absolutely brilliant!! In every way. Would highly recommend. Mike & Julie go above and beyond to make
    the whole rental process as easy as possible. Wish all agents were as helpful as Michael Trower. If I ever
    move back to the area they would be my first call.

    Dianna Marra
  • Cannot express enough how much Michael Trower Property Services have helped me over the past 4 years. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. Any problem they quickly rectify and no job is too small. A lovely local independent service.

    Andrea Butterstone
Keep In Touch
Get Contact

A Quick Enquiry

We'll answer your question as soon as we possibly can